If you guys haven't heard of Foxy Locks Extensions by now, it's a company founded by the lovely Imogen, that specializes in hair extensions (as well as a few other products ie: false eyelashes, hair pieces).
|(Photo Credit: http://imogenfoxylocks.blogspot.com)|
Imogen is a 22 year old blonde bombshell from the UK, who is an ultimate fashionista with great knowledge of styling hair & hair extensions. She creates lots of celebrity hair looks on her youtube channel as well as reviews beauty products on her blog. She's very down to earth, and a total sweetheart! You can view her youtube channel (Foxy Locks Extensions) by clicking here and her blog (Imogen Foxy Locks) here.
About Foxy Locks Extensions:
- Foxy Locks Extensions offers 120 grams to 160 grams of hair per package, whereas many other sellers only offer 70-80 grams of hair. Which means you get a lot more volume and value for your money.
- Foxy Locks Extensions prices are on average, 30 to 60 dollars cheaper for the quality of hair you are receiving.
- Foxy Locks Extensions provides 100% human remy hair that have been specially processed so that they can be professionally colored and cut to match your needs.
- Foxy Locks Extensions are washable and can be styled with heat appliances (as it is real hair)
Foxy Locks Extensions has two choices of hair to pick from. There is a 120 gram pack (better suited if you just want added volume or if you have fine/thin hair & aren't going to need as much hair) or a 160 gram (deluxe) pack (better suited if you have thick hair). Both sets contain 10 pieces and come in a variety of 12 shades.
I have the 160 gram deluxe pack, which contains:
One x 8" wide with 4 clips
One x 7" wide with 4 clips
Two x 6" wide with 3 clips
Two x 4" wide with 2 clips
Four x 1" wide with 1 clip
The shade I picked is #2 Darkest Brown and it matches my hair perfectly. Even though you can color human hair extensions, I always prefer to find Extensions that carry a close color match to my hair so I won't have to go through the trouble of dying them. What I like is that the extensions aren't just plain, dull brown. If you look at them in the light, you can see there are lots of natural highlights - which makes the hair look healthier, shinier and more REAL! My natural hair has the same natural hues.
My experience with extensions (in general): In the past, I've tried several different brands of extensions. I have tried Sassy, Satin Strands, Euronext & Jessica Simpson (Ken Paves) Hairdo Extensions (human hair as well as synthetic). I was never really happy with any of them - except for Euronext. BUT, I wasn't completely satisfied with Euronext because all of the hair provided in one pack, wasn't enough for me and in order for it to blend in well with my hair, I had to trim the extensions significantly. Which in result, defeated the main purpose of me wearing extensions because I wanted added length. I wasn't going to spend $200 on two packs of hair. Sometimes I would mix some of my other (inferior) extensions in my hair to even everything out. The reason I stopped wearing extensions is because around the time where I started blogging, I decided to ditch my extensions and try taking better care of my hair. Eventually, my hair grew to the point where even if I wanted to wear extensions, the ones I previously wore were shorter than my own hair. Recently, I started thinking about extensions again - as I'm super bored with my hair right now. I was really ecstatic to give Foxy Locks a try.
Don't you love opening up a new pack of extensions? It's like that "Aaaaaahhhh" moment. The same moment you buy a new bottle of foundation or pressed powder. Haha, love that. I've only worn Foxy Locks Extensions around 3 or times so far. All of which times, I've worn them curled or waved a bit. As I've mentioned in my previous post - I've been lacking lately, and haven't worn much makeup or styled my hair in the past couple of weeks.
Even though I haven't been wearing them every day, I'd like to share my thoughts about them so far.
- Like I mentioned, the color match is perfect for me, down to the natural highlights.
- The hair is soft & shiny, but it's not overly shiny where it doesn't match my hair's natural shine.
- They hold a curl well. I put that in bold because I can't stress that enough. I've had extensions (Yes, Satin Strands.. I'm talking about you) that I tried curling and hair spraying to a crisp and they would always fall flat within a couple of hours and look like long strands of horse hair falling from the layers of my hair. Terrible!!! Not a pretty sight. This was really the test that was going to determine if I was going to like these extensions. I curled them right away with my flat iron and (sigh of relief).. they passed the test of not falling flat all night. Even after combing through them a few times through the night. They actually hold the curl exceptionally well with the flat iron. I haven't tried using a curling iron or rollers yet.
- They look natural. The times I've worn them, my friends didn't notice right away that I was wearing them until my one friend pointed out that my hair looks like it got longer and then I told her I was wearing extensions. I love that the ends of the extensions actually look like real ends. I've had extensions that have stringy ends and extensions with very thick ends. The ends of these are thinned to blend in better and fall naturally like your real hair.
- There is lots of hair. I have thick hair, and I don't even need to use the whole pack.
- The clips are good quality. I've had extensions with bad quality clips that would feel loose, and I'd have to adjust them every once in a while. I've also had clips that are very strong, that would put strain on my roots and pull tightly.. those give me headaches. These clips are great.
The only photos I have wearing my extensions were from my March 2nd post (here)... In these photos I'm wearing almost the whole pack, minus the four 1 inch pieces and one of the 4" inch pieces. I could of gone with a bit less, but I wanted my hair to look very full, which it did. I had also curled them using my flat iron.
So overall, I'm extremely satisfied with my extensions. You'll be seeing me wear them much more often. I'll also keep you all updated with my thoughts about them after continued use.
Have any of you tried these out? Tell me what you think about them in my comments below!
UPDATE: I find that these extensions tangle really easily and tend to look knotted when wearing them. I still prefer Euronext as my top extensions choice.