Make Up For Ever #5 Nip Slip HD BlushMake Up For Ever #5 Nip Slip HD Blush ($26) is a matte, neutral mid-tone pink. Because it has a good balance of cool and warm tones, #5 is a flattering pink on most skin tones. It has a little bit of vibrancy to the color, but it's also not too "barbie doll". It warms up quite nicely on my warm, medium skin tone.
If you aren't familiar with Make Up For Ever HD Blushes; they are a lightweight, yet dense cream that is dispensed in a pump tube. The formula is intensely pigmented, and a little goes a long way.
My favorite application method is using a duo-fiber stippling brush. I usually pump a small amount of product on a clean surface (I sometimes use the lid of one of my freshly sanitized mirrored compacts) and dip the brush in the product with light tapping motions to evenly coat the ends of the bristles. Then, stipple it on my cheeks, and blend upward until blended. You kind of have to work with it quickly, as it does dry pretty fast.
The formula might take a little getting use to at first, but after using it a few times, it should be a breeze.
#5 Nip Slip
Overall though, I am a fan of these blushes, and will continue to try additional shades. Despite them sometimes being a pain to use, it can be overlooked because of the beautiful color selection, bold pigmentation and long lasting power.
Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blush in Natural, Physician's Formula Matchmaker Blush in Natural.
Although it doesn't look like it by the swatches, but on the cheeks, I can't tell the difference between MUFE HD #5, MAC Fleur Power and Physician's Formula Matchmaker Blush in the shade Natural. Nip Slip turns into a warm pink once it hits my cheeks (all pinks do because of the yellow tones in my skin), which kind of bums me out, but it's still a color I really love.
I've also reviewed #10 Skinny Dipping in the past, so if you're interested, check out that review as well!
Have you tried the HD blushes? Are you a fan?
- Very pigmented color — a small amount goes a long way.
- Will work well on a wide variety of skin tones for a natural, flushed pink.
- Dries quickly without leaving the cheeks feeling tacky.
- Long-lasting; better lasting power than many.
- Nice, lightweight packaging for travel, sanitary and keeps product fresh.
- Can sometimes be difficult to work with, mostly because the actual formula isn't very wet, and it dries quickly.
- You have to be very careful and dispense the product with a very light hand as it can dispense too much product.
- A bit expensive, yet it should last a long time with daily use.