The Balm Betty-Lou Manizer BronzerThe Balm Betty-Lou Manizer Bronzer ($24) is a warm honey bronze/caramel colored bronzer, highlighter, eyeshadow and all-over body shimmer wrapped up in one product. Sweep it on your lids for a wash of gold or dust it on your cheeks for a sunkissed glow. It is talc, oil and paraben free!
After reading Temptalia's review (she rated this product an A+!) I was eager to try this product, despite not really caring for shimmery cheek products. But, when I spotted a bunch of TheBalm products on the clearance rack at TJMaxx last year, I didn't hesitate to grab a couple of these.
I could see what the hype is about, especially because of the texture of the powder. It's very finely milled and super smooth which makes it very easy to blend out on the cheeks. It's also very pigmented, so like the description states, you can easily use it as an eyeshadow as well, or use a large fluffy powder brush and dust it on your skin for added warmth and glow. I sometimes like taking one of my larger brushes and dusting it on my neck and decollete and it looks so pretty!
On the left is a very heavy swatch with a foundation brush and on the right is a light swatch with a blush brush. You can see that it can go from really natural and subtle to really intense in color. (sunlight)
This bronzer is probably my favorite bronzer in the "shimmery" category - although I wouldn't necessarily call it "shimmery" as it doesn't have any glitter - it has more of a reflective/glowy sheen. It's the bronzer I'd typically reach for when I don't feel like going matte. It gives my face a coppery-bronze hue that is very flattering on my skintone. I usually don't feel the need for any extra blush when wearing it.
Here's the same swatch as above, but the photo is taken indoors, wheras the above swatch is taken outdoors with sunlight.
Here's another heavy swatch on my hand. (sunlight)
Have you tried this bronzer? What'd you think of it?
Also, check out Ebrushka's Blog for another awesome review of this bronzer!
- Multi-purpose - can be used on the face, eyes and body.
- Soft, finely milled - easy to blend
- Makes my face look sculpted, glowy and radiant!
- Can lean slightly orange on certain skintones (I would think mostly fair/light skintones), as it does have some coppery undertones - it leans a bit orange on me, but orangy tone bronzers actually work well/flatter my skin.
- If you are highly opposed to any type of shimmer, you might not like this bronzer.
- You have to be a little careful with the compact. I've shattered one before, and the pan actually fell out.
Price: $24, Thebalm, Sephora. You might also be able to find this discounted on Amazon or eBay.