The Original Tangle TeezerI stumbled across the Tangle Teezer ($12.99) in Sally's recently while I was on my venture to find some new hair brushes. I remembered seeing the little handle-less hair brush featured on many British blogs a while back and with it's promises of leaving the hair tangle-free, I was sold.
Some of the product claims are that the Tangle Teezer works to detangle the hair quickly, painlessly and better than any other hair brush. The Tangle Teezer glides through wet, vulnerable and colour treated hair with no pulling, tugging or yanking.
- Use in the shower on wet hair to distribute the conditioner evenly throughout the hair. (many of us apply a big glob of conditioner to the ends of our hair, and it doesn't get evenly distributed unless it's combed through)
- Use after you've exited the shower to rid the hair of any tangles and knots.
- Use after you've applied any leave-in treatments, serums and heat protectors to evenly distribute the product through your hair.
- Works on all hair types.
- Works on wet, dry and synthetic hair.
I have naturally thick, fairly fine/brittle, curly hair. I don't use combs on my hair (even wide tooth combs) because they always get stuck in my hair. I know I've said it before, but I've broke many combs in my day, and my Mom went through truckloads of Johnson's No More Tangles as a kid. Brushing my hair when I get out the shower is usually a struggle, and if I wait to comb my hair after it has already started to dry... forget about it. At 50% dry, my hair is completely frizzy, tangled and pissed off.
I'll keep this review short, because how much can you possibly say about a hair brush. Well, what I can say is that it works!
I use it after every shower and there is absolutely no struggle getting through my hair. It's nothing short of a miracle. I don't know how it does it, but it does it. It detangles my hair better than any of my other brushes, and I even find that my hair dries slightly quicker when I brush my hair a few times while it's drying.
I find that it works the absolute best on my wet hair, as it glides through my hair with ease with no tugs. It almost feels like it's not even combing through my hair.. it feels like I'm just brushing the outside of my hair. That's how gentle it is!
Once my hair is dry, I still run into some knots here and there, but they come apart very quickly with no pain. With a regular brush, I'd have to brush through them firmly and slowly, pulling my hair and breaking off ends. I can brush my hair quickly with the Tangle Teezer and reduce breakage (there is still some breakage when my ends are really dry, and because of heat damage, but not nearly as much as I would have with a regular brush). I also notice less hair overall in my brush.
I absolutely love this brush, and if you struggle with tangles, definitely give this brush a try. Even if you don't struggle with tangles, I'd still recommend this as an awesome gentle brush.
To read additional reviews, check out Makeupalley, It's currently rated 4.6/5 with an 89% re-purchase rate.
Do you own one of these? Do you think it's worth the hype?
- Gentle on the hair and tangles
- Detangles wet hair better than any other comb/brush I've used
- Less breakage and less hair loss in the brush
- Distrubtes conditioner throughout the hair very well in the shower
- Lightweight - great to carry in your bag
- Great stocking stuffer!
- Doesn't completely stop breakage when my hair is dry. But, it's minimized!