Chanel Surprenante Rouge Allure LipstickChanel Surprenante Rouge Allure Lipstick ($35) is a vibrant, medium watermelon pink. It has a little bit of a frost and shimmer to it, but it's pretty subtle, and actually looks matte on my lips in low lighting. I'm not really a fan of frost, but it's subtle enough where it's not a deal breaker for me. It's very pretty and I think a color that is well suited for the Spring.
The coverage is mostly opaque with one coat and applies smoothly to the lips with a satiny feel. I originally thought that the formula would be drying, but it actually feels pretty good on my lips despite the fact that it's not a moisturizing formula. It makes my lips look soft and pillowy when I wear it alone, but I like jazzing it up with a layer of glossimer over top to really make the color glisten. Unfortunately, if you apply it over dry or chapped lips, the dryness will be accentuated. This lipstick lasts a bit longer on my lips compared to some of my other lipsticks - maybe around 4 hours or so.
Overall, I really like the color of the lipstick, and the formula isn't bad, but I don't think it's a must-have. I prefer a more moisturizing/glossy formula.
- Soft floral fragrance (which you might like or hate)
- Doesn't have a gritty texture despite the shimmer
- Feels somewhat soft and velvety on the lips
- It's not drying - but it's also not moisturizing, which can be a con.
- Makes my lips appear slightly fuller
- Good lasting power (4+ hours)
- Beautiful, glossy black and gold sleek packaging
- Because of the slightly frosty finish the color can look a bit dated, nevertheless it's a beautiful shade of pink and great for the Spring/Summer months. If you don't like the finish, you can always add gloss on top, which is usually how I wear it!
- If your lips are dry/cracked, this lipstick can accentuate the dryness (not to the extreme) but still a little noticeable.